What was your highlight of Sole Dxb?
The quality of the space / event / organisation compared to previous years (well last year I couldn’t attend)
If you could take one item home for free from the event what would it be?
One of the light boxes!
What’s one thing the event is missing/could add?
Although I understand that their focus is on street / hip-hop segment, I think wider genre musical selection could be an added value
Best design feature you saw?
Definitely the entrance was the key visual element of the event.
But other were also interesting:
- talks pavilion with Ikea disassembled bench pieces
- red light and japan paper light on re-sale area
- Nike pavilion was important and the display organisation seemed cool
- Puma pavilion with the stage on top and the mesh corridor on top was also nice
- Cadillac / Andy Warhol pavilion, the coloured glass, the mirror projected car, the digital Warhol type photo booth
I came away from Sole Dxb thinking…
Once again, the overlap of events in Dubai I think deserves a little bit more attention, so that can be avoided
- Design Days / design downtown / DXB design all at the same time
- Al Serkal events at the same time as previous
- DIFF / Sole DXB